* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 33
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Recent Topics

173 extractors by kylee dingo
[April 07, 2024, 02:55:17 PM]

lowering my bedford cf by Ratbox
[October 07, 2023, 07:59:56 PM]

Sale of 1977 Bedford Motorhome by Anne Speed
[August 26, 2023, 01:04:00 PM]

Adjustable Upper Control Arms by Saville
[August 22, 2023, 11:35:43 AM]

202 red to 202 black Carby engine by johnxb351
[June 21, 2023, 06:33:35 PM]

CF CLUTCH PEDAL by johnxb351
[June 18, 2023, 02:58:15 PM]

Royal Bedford by wendyh
[October 16, 2022, 03:40:43 PM]

Mounting roof consule by greasey monkey
[May 14, 2022, 09:25:38 AM]

Delete my account by wendyh
[May 11, 2022, 07:20:50 PM]

What have you been up to this week by Kenneth71
[May 11, 2022, 04:08:42 PM]

Author Topic: A TEAM VAN  (Read 17021 times)

Offline obsession

• Global Moderator
  • Apprentice Mechanic
  • canning vale western australia
    • View Profile
Re: A TEAM VAN
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2010, 03:22:12 PM »
dose this help

ur a bedford owner ....adapt overcome work it out

Offline weasil

• Full of bog
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2010, 06:19:50 PM »
hello beddford brothers
I have tried twise to get the van to melbourne.the van only has a hand brake front hq dics ect need tobe fitted,attempt one i did a qik fix on hand brake  :-\thourght it would do .You know what thourght did,  :oImagine backing out my drive on a hill,the pick up truck at the top and me inthe van inthe middle ok.so backed out so far so good,moving down the hill with hand brake just holding and F!@# me dead if im lying hand brake cable brakes so now rolling down hill with no brake I remember that my 2004 clubsport is behind me, as I live on a dual carrage way I just turned towards the medim strip.well that was a good morning I think I shit my self but it felt so warm ,I chucked out my jocks. ;DSO attempt twoI replace the complete diff and tail shaft out of my sons van which I spent 800.00 on with perfect hand brake and cables rear  hand brake is aaa+ but when the dude turned up to pick it up I had mixture wrong onthe new varajet carbie so it was choking when excellerating  so after 3 times this impaitant  ass wipe said hes going. so the time it tookto get out of the van he had gone .I opened bonnet ajusted mixture screw and wow fixed if the guy was at my house for ten mins Id be lying .OK this is why the ateam van has not arrived in melbourne.SO please forgive me Iam tryng to help CC
weasil :-*

Offline Adrian A_Team 4 Charity

• Full of bog
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2010, 08:31:03 AM »
Hey Buga team,

As you know, the A-Team van for Camp Quality fundraiser project has had its ups and downs over the last several months. With buga member Weasil so generously donating his van for the cause, we have had lots of problems in transporting it down from Gold Coast to Melbourne. The transport trucks have been twice on separate occasions but the first time as was being put on the truck, the handbrake cable broke crashing it into a tree, and second time they came but wouldn’t take it because it had no brakes at all. Weasil has been doing what he can from his end and we have both been trying to do whatever we could to get this happening.
However, now we have had to resort to the fact that the bash is just around the corner and there will be not be enough time to get this van working, transported down, and then all the time to prepare the van and get the mechanics up to scratch and bash ready. Both Weasil and I have now decided that we are now having to put this project off till next year.
I am still going to do the fundraiser bash this year, but I will be using a “loan” bash car that is already bash ready. (the current bash car owners are unable to be on the bash this year so are loaning out their car). I will pursue this again next year when there will be a lot more time to get things ready.
Thanks sooooooo much for all the members that were going to help out. I will let you know when it is back on and hopefully we can get this project back again.
Thanks guys – sorry it’s not happening this year.

Adrian.
1978 LWB, V8 - 308, turbo 400, 10 bolt diff, dual rear wheels, 2 x LPG.
In a word .......... GOLD !!!

Offline Warren

• Global Moderator +
  • Apprentice Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2010, 10:28:55 AM »
Adrian

Just keep plugging away, and you WILL be ready for next year.

Warren
I used to be vague..................Now I'm not so sure

Offline mezzmo

• Apprentice Mechanic
  • The current baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2010, 07:02:23 PM »
Hey Adrian dont sweat mate, its taken me 20 months to get mine to this condition for the Variety Bash - although its important for the kids, its just as - if not more important, to do the job properly, so take your time - there would be nothing worse than rushing it and having a bad accident as a result. 12 months or so is not too far away and hey, gives you heaps of time to take advantage of the beddie bretheren!

keep at it mate

mezz

BAs Ride, 00

« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2010, 07:35:34 AM »
Hi Guys,
I have been reading your comments about my van and I thank you for them, I see some pictures have made it on as well.
Yes it truely was a satisfying project to do, and one I really admired once I finished.
I showed it a few times and won a few trophies for my efforts, I was asked all the time if I was selling it, well it got to the stage that it was one offer to many and I ended upselling it to a bloke in Wollongong, I have emailed Adrian and told him all about it.
I will of course assist Adrian fully if he plans on building one,I have looked for the blokes name and number who I sold it to, but have come up empty handed, but she's out there somewhere in Sydney waiting to be found, and if Camp Quality is to benefit then so be it.
It was rather low to be used in the bash anyway, you would have ended up damaging the front end, I had enough trouble getting in and out of my driveway at home.
Thanks again for all your comments and I'll chat to you all later
Cheers
Nick

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal