* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 37
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Recent Topics

173 extractors by kylee dingo
[April 07, 2024, 02:55:17 PM]

lowering my bedford cf by Ratbox
[October 07, 2023, 07:59:56 PM]

Sale of 1977 Bedford Motorhome by Anne Speed
[August 26, 2023, 01:04:00 PM]

Adjustable Upper Control Arms by Saville
[August 22, 2023, 11:35:43 AM]

202 red to 202 black Carby engine by johnxb351
[June 21, 2023, 06:33:35 PM]

CF CLUTCH PEDAL by johnxb351
[June 18, 2023, 02:58:15 PM]

Royal Bedford by wendyh
[October 16, 2022, 03:40:43 PM]

Mounting roof consule by greasey monkey
[May 14, 2022, 09:25:38 AM]

Delete my account by wendyh
[May 11, 2022, 07:20:50 PM]

What have you been up to this week by Kenneth71
[May 11, 2022, 04:08:42 PM]

Author Topic: A TEAM VAN  (Read 17021 times)

Offline Bedfordcrazy

• Apprentice Mechanic
  • BEDFORDS RULE
    • View Profile
Re: A TEAM VAN
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2010, 10:25:21 AM »
hey adrian, i dont know the guy who done the van, just that he lives in newcastle, i do know he pinched my theme. lol I had all my info together and was getting ready to start the a-team, when i saw his pics online, well i canned the theme, only room for one SHOW QUALITY A-Team van. Early bird gets the worm, he beat me to it, thats why i am keeping my new theme hush hush till the unvailing. If i find anything on him though i will pass it on to you.

Hey mark b, a blow up T, i never lol  ;D sooorrrry  ;D ;D

adrian, make sure you seal the beddy, dust is a killer on the bash, if you have never done the bash, nuns on the run are a classic.
here are a few more pics of his van. He even had the reel to reel tape deck mounted.
george.
Life Is Short - Grab It With Both Hands And LOVE Your Beddy.

Offline Bedfordcrazy

• Apprentice Mechanic
  • BEDFORDS RULE
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2010, 11:00:22 AM »
hey Adrian, mate i was going through some of my info, and found this contact, I am sure these guys worked on the newcastle A-Team van. If they are still there they might be able to put you in touch with the owner.

ENGINE ACTION: Phn : 02 4927 6266

Hope this helps.
george.

Offline Adrian A_Team 4 Charity

• Full of bog
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2010, 11:14:41 AM »
That's great George.

I could never believe that only you and I would be the only ones wanting to drive around in an A team van. I bet there are hundreds of us George! I understand how you feel when you find someone else who has completed your dream. But I bet you he never had the other part of his dream fulfilled - where a group of strangers with a common interest combine their talents for the good of others!!!

This has been an ongoing desire for many years so doesn't matter how many more are out there. I still don't want to lose sight of the bigger picture.

Allan, great to hear of others talking about the bash. 'Nuns on the Run' have a great theme. The group of girls dress up in their 'habits'. Costume and themes are great. Wish I looked more like Mr T. rather than that little Arnold from Different Strokes!! "Whatch you talkin bout Willis!"

Mark B - will do.
1978 LWB, V8 - 308, turbo 400, 10 bolt diff, dual rear wheels, 2 x LPG.
In a word .......... GOLD !!!

Offline kimbosound

• Just streetable
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2010, 12:08:39 PM »
OK im gunna fess up.....at the time of getting my very first beddy van the A team was in it's prime. I was dating a much older lass at the time and she had 2 boys that were 4 & 6 years of age and we used to watch the A team and Night Rider together......me and the boys wanted to do the van up like the A team van.....then the relationship ended as did the A team on TV....and the van ended up as the red one with dragway wheels!!!! Dragway finally made a die up to suit bedfords after much persisting on my behalf.....and i believe mine was the first Beddy van with them on.....and i recall even in the very early 80's the cost me $2400.00......nearly a years pay way back then lol.......ohhhhh to be a single man!!!!!  I still have a die cast model of the A Team van at home that i have treasured for many years......sadly though.....i have what can only  be considered a reverse mohawk hair do these days,,,,,,and the B.A Baracass body is somewhat a different shape to what it used to be......but to be fair.....round is still a shape!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..............oh............ and i love it when a plan comes together...........Hanables favourite tag line!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 12:10:24 PM by kimbosound »

Offline eddy

• Global Moderator
  • Apprentice Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2010, 10:02:18 PM »
Gooooodd morrning bedfordnam,  ;D this post is getting contagious, what a great bringing together of beddie minds and such for a great cause, hey Adrian looking forward to catching up with you to discuss how we can help, maybe a meet and greet on a weekend day when the dust has settled from the arrival of the van, don't make it a Sunday or a barbie or anything thats gunna cost money .... put the jug on that'll do. I do alot of work with young people as well mainly those that have stuffed up with the law, committing serious crime or on the streets and have had great results so far, past 2 years I worked with around 200 high risk and at risk young people and so far have managed to get three studying to be youth workers, out of that 200 six have committed further serious crimes but hey not bad statistics, can't save the whole world but can take heart from those that do change their lives. Not familiar with Camp Quality so am interested in hearing of your work, I am based in Dandenong and cover this area as well as Casey and Cardinia in my line of work, I do alot of crime presentations to Secondary Schools and community organisations so maybe theres a chance of some support, the opportunities are endless just takes imagination and a bit of convincing and planning ....... Eddy MAC
ekm ...... never lead with your chin, let others lead with theirs

Offline outriding

• Just streetable
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2010, 01:11:59 AM »
In case you haven't seen the new trailer:

http://www.beyondhollywood.com/second-a-team-trailer-specializes-in-the-ridiculous/

I love it when a plan comes together!

Offline Adrian A_Team 4 Charity

• Full of bog
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2010, 06:26:12 AM »
Hey Kimbo, Sounds like I'm at where you were! Wish we were travelling through W.A. for you - I'll have the drivers seat ready for ya.

Eddy, lovin what you do too. I used to do several camps for kids at high risk. We may have crossed paths at some time. There'll be alot of amazing people out there in BUGA who do such amazing work, just that nobody knows about it.

Guys, I am going to be at a work conference interstate all week and unsure of my internet facilities. I'll try and touch base with the posts but not sure how often can view. The van is booked for pick up this Thursday and will be in Melb first week of June. It feels just like the Christmases I remember as a little kid.

Thanks guys,

Adrian.
1978 LWB, V8 - 308, turbo 400, 10 bolt diff, dual rear wheels, 2 x LPG.
In a word .......... GOLD !!!

Offline cfjeff

• Rid of the rust
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2010, 09:08:37 PM »
re the newcastle ateam van.

I don't know the guy who owned it/ built it but according to chatter on a forum I used to monitor, he is a member of Majestic vanners over there in aus. He was a pom and the forum he was on has been closed down, it was hosted by good forum I think. In some of  the last posts on that forum he stated that he'd sold the van reluctently due to ill health. Most of the chatter on the forum was between him and a con man over here in NZ. Unfortunatley the con man had sucked him in to believing he was going to come over to aus and do some amazing work on his a team van, reality was the con man was just that a con man. Maybe the selling of the van may have been to put the con man off once he'd figured it out so who knows maybe he still owns it, I know if I'd built I would have great trouble parting with it, or any show beddy for that.

I too was influenced by the a team back in the 80's that I would 1 day build a custom van. A dream I finally realised in 1990 when I bought my cf. 20 years ago this month I bought my cf and to celebrate I'm going to go back to the guy I bought it off, he still lives in the same house out in the country, and show him what the van has been up to in the last 20 years. I got talking to a couple at a show back in january who know him and they told he he'd be really pleased to see his old van, so am making it my next mission to do once my wife has our second child late this week.

Adrian I now wish I lived over there as it sounds like you guys are going to have a lot of fun building the van and for a very good cause. I wish you guys all the best for the project, it will be good to have a lot of buga's getting together both for a common interest and a good cause.

Cheers Jeff
Just customize it!

Offline obsession

• Global Moderator
  • Apprentice Mechanic
  • canning vale western australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2010, 09:52:57 PM »
i think

sxv is still running as far as i know
ur a bedford owner ....adapt overcome work it out

Offline Bedfordcrazy

• Apprentice Mechanic
  • BEDFORDS RULE
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2010, 10:41:21 AM »
hey cfjeff, dont quote me here, cause i have not spoken to the guy who owned the a-team van. I stumbled onto his page  mid last year and he had just finished the van and had already shown the van at the bathurst hotrod or van show there. By xmas he had shown it at least half doz  times through out NSW. I am only working on what i have read, and dates & places marked on each pic. Also i worked off names on buildings and banners that flew in the pics. As far as i know he is still in newcastle, and still owns his van.
At the end of the day, untill one of us tracks him down, and talks to him, all this is just speculation, i will certainly pass on any new info i get, because he did a very nice job of his van, the exhausts are the only thing he did not replicate, short of that he got it close, even to the GMC grill badge and motor.
george.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal