* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 15
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Recent Topics

173 extractors by kylee dingo
[April 07, 2024, 02:55:17 PM]

lowering my bedford cf by Ratbox
[October 07, 2023, 07:59:56 PM]

Sale of 1977 Bedford Motorhome by Anne Speed
[August 26, 2023, 01:04:00 PM]

Adjustable Upper Control Arms by Saville
[August 22, 2023, 11:35:43 AM]

202 red to 202 black Carby engine by johnxb351
[June 21, 2023, 06:33:35 PM]

CF CLUTCH PEDAL by johnxb351
[June 18, 2023, 02:58:15 PM]

Royal Bedford by wendyh
[October 16, 2022, 03:40:43 PM]

Mounting roof consule by greasey monkey
[May 14, 2022, 09:25:38 AM]

Delete my account by wendyh
[May 11, 2022, 07:20:50 PM]

What have you been up to this week by Kenneth71
[May 11, 2022, 04:08:42 PM]

Author Topic: Selling my Campervan Project.  (Read 6337 times)

Offline IWander

• Full of bog
    • View Profile
Selling my Campervan Project.
« on: May 28, 2018, 11:28:47 PM »
The Campervan is for sale so I decided to let my friends from BUGA to have first look.

I have retired now but just cant finish what we started & I need the space more than ever now.
I would just like it to go to someone that can get it over the finish line, or do with it what you wish.
No registration.
The campervan is in Frankston North.

BUGA members, I will accept $2500.00 in this take the lot sale, otherwise  $3500.00 start for anyone else.

All new material used to build the main body.
The HQ front end was brand new, complete with disk brake assembly.
New windows with screens & a double opening side door fitted with a pull out step. The windows are a smokey grey tint & windout to open. There are 2 that have not been installed.

It has a 253 V8 with auto. ( It drove in there several years ago, but I played with the ignition switch to tighten it up in the panel. ( Now I cant get power to the starter???) but Im working on that.

A 253 V8 with a 4 barrel quadrajet carby & c10 ( Im told ) auto alone would cost more than $2500.00.
The HQ front end, about $1500 new, plus smokey windout windows $200 each x 5, plus the double opening door... plus,.. plus...

Im just saying that the sale of this campervan to anyone that has an interest is an absolute winner for the buyer.

I could strip it out & sell it for more than I am asking... but right now I just dont want to do that.

You can contact me through here or on my mobile 0431714271.. Regular hrs please. Im old, so not before 9 am if you dont mind.

Thanks. Mark.

When in doubt... Give it a clout.

Offline wendyh

• Global Moderator +
  • Apprentice Mechanic
  • LOVE my Beddy
    • View Profile
Re: Selling my Campervan Project.
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2018, 09:31:07 AM »
Good luck with your sale...I hope you find a buyer that will treasure your beddy..nice of you giving the bugs a chance first...if not successful here there's a very active face book page called Bedford Van's and parts for sale Australia...happy to help out if your not on Facebook. 😊
Cheers Wendy & Ray

Offline IWander

• Full of bog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2018, 05:50:46 PM »
I missed a caller today while I was mowing the lawn. My apologies.. Maybe from someone here, but with no number to call back..I can only say please try again.

Thanks wendyh for your offer. I do have a FB account.... but when my old comp crashed I lost all my site passwords. Its taken this long just to set up my new laptop with select google & hotmail account P words:)

Offline IWander

• Full of bog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2018, 10:15:02 AM »
I measured the campervan dimensions & they are, from front to rear 4690mm long. So 4.7 mtr Long.

Height is 2900mm to the ground ( maybe add some for the wheels being sunk into the dirt a bit.  about 100mm ). Call it 3 mtrs in simple terms.

Wide 2140mm.

Guess I should have thought of that before.
Cheers Mark.

Offline IWander

• Full of bog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2018, 01:11:24 PM »
The wheelbase is 140 inches.

Chris that last photo of my campervan is in my front yard today. The bonnet is just sitting there so I could take the photo of it & the grille. I took them off so I could get the plugs out easier. I was trying to start it but the starter wouldnt tick over.

I think its been in the weather since the bonnet come off & it might be crap connections on the fuses/wiring to the ignition.
Ive traced the wires back to the ignition & they are all correct so I tried to jump start it.. ( Good old youtube videos as training ).
Im not too good on electrics. Its pretty basic pos neg hit the switch & power goes to where its supposed to.. The headlights come on so power is to the dash console.

Offline IWander

• Full of bog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2018, 06:47:12 PM »
Freezing in Victoria. Its been way to cold & rainy to get the starter reinstalled.

I think I have it all looking good though. It seems to me that the solenoid coil wasnt completing a circuit so I resoldered the connections from the ignition input to the internal coil.
My thingo tester says it has a complete circuit now.
I drove it in there so I'd really be pleased to say to ppl you can drive it out.

Thanks for the chat stuuuz, I think you might have inspired me to get a few other things done.

I think I'll move onto sealing the roof area a bit better given how much its raining. ( Im actually quite amazed how dry it is inside to be honest. )
Maybe I'll weld up the engine cover to suit the V8 motor. That sounds like a warmer job. ;D
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 06:52:25 PM by IWander »

Offline IWander

• Full of bog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2018, 07:53:46 PM »
Thank you for the interest in My Campervan Project. Here is a link to where the photo's of the build in my Gallery on BUGA.. 

http://www.buga.com.au/index.php?action=gallery&g2_itemId=37349

There is a few large boxes of extras to go with the Bedford I'll try to upload the photos of them as well.
Some dash components indicator arm, headlight trims, horn, fuse box covers so on, so on.

It hasnt been dry enough nor warm enough to replace the starter motor just yet, plus I havent had the time to get it done.
Hang on.. Im retired, how come I cant find the time... Every day is a Sunday to me these days. ;D

Blame it on winter then.   :D

Offline ozzie bedford

• probationary
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2018, 01:12:30 AM »
hi, is this still for sale? cheers Dave.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal