* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 25
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Recent Topics

173 extractors by kylee dingo
[April 07, 2024, 02:55:17 PM]

lowering my bedford cf by Ratbox
[October 07, 2023, 07:59:56 PM]

Sale of 1977 Bedford Motorhome by Anne Speed
[August 26, 2023, 01:04:00 PM]

Adjustable Upper Control Arms by Saville
[August 22, 2023, 11:35:43 AM]

202 red to 202 black Carby engine by johnxb351
[June 21, 2023, 06:33:35 PM]

CF CLUTCH PEDAL by johnxb351
[June 18, 2023, 02:58:15 PM]

Royal Bedford by wendyh
[October 16, 2022, 03:40:43 PM]

Mounting roof consule by greasey monkey
[May 14, 2022, 09:25:38 AM]

Delete my account by wendyh
[May 11, 2022, 07:20:50 PM]

What have you been up to this week by Kenneth71
[May 11, 2022, 04:08:42 PM]

Author Topic: RWC - HEELLLLPP  (Read 7011 times)

Offline rubman

• Rid of the rust
    • View Profile
Re: RWC - HEELLLLPP
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2011, 08:42:09 PM »
that list is not to bad and i think ben has a rwc guy down there ::)

Offline rossie

• Apprentice Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2011, 07:53:46 AM »
ball joints and bushes should come under a roady anywhere, not mention the screen
make it reliable, or smash it with a big hammer

Offline ben

• Apprentice Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2011, 02:24:13 PM »
geez ben your days must be long

they are 20hrs

Offline Kirk

• Rid of the rust
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2011, 01:04:13 AM »
Damn man...i certainly know how it feels to get your dream car only to end up gutted :(

Been atleast 3yrs if not 5 since i got mine...and what was meant to be $1000 to get on the road...has now been thousands of $$$$'s for what is now worse of than when i got it :(

BUT i havnt given up yet...and ive been kicked hard several times...by strangers, friends...even by the bloody tafe i paid money to so that i could learn to do my OWN rust repairs...only to be told 1-2 weeks before course started they were full...and they would return my online payment (fckin Kangan Bateman Tafe)....

I must admit i lost alot of hope...and a piece of me died after i got my van....Ive tried everything...ive had companies almost pay for the costs ONLY to change their mind at last second and change their direction....

BUT at this point of time im blessed....i have a job, i seem to have a house that can garage the old girl and a landlord who doesnt want to get rid of me anytime soon (has never seen in the shed lol)...

The new year i will try alot harder to do a course...clear some debts (incurred after i brought a 2nd car which also i got ripped on too...so its not just beddies lol)...and my current feeling is...fck it...ill learn to weld..ill do the best i can...its only metal..and technically i cant devalue it anymore than others have so...at very least i can melt the thing tie it to my ankle and push it in the river at the end of the street :) hahaha

Anyhow...id love to give you some kind of enlightened advice...but only you know if its worth the long road...and u will know...its that moment when you walk into the garage...turn the light on..and see it and think "I LOVE YOU...and i will make you better!" If your walking into that space and thinking "You piece of crap, you ruined my life!" it might be worth getting rid of :(

Hopefully ben can be your night in shining armour tho :D

GL.

Offline ben

• Apprentice Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2011, 07:54:10 AM »
Hopefully ben can be your night in shining armour tho Cheesy

i dont have time to finish my own projects far less others too..

my current feeling is...fck it...ill learn to weld..ill do the best i can..

kirk you dont have to weld.. ask eddy. he has been doing up beddies for 20 years without a welder!
ive been using epoxy resin and microfibres. im using it as glue.. its real cheap and really damn strong. (100 bucks for about 6kgs worth of glue)

cut your repair patch then stick it in behind where your repairing. once cured bog over it. it will never fall out this stuff is amazingly strong!

ive stuck wood battons onto paint on the inside of my van.. sticks amazingly well:)

ive also been exerimenting smearing a layer of epoxy, then polyestering over it. the poyester goes off in about 30 mins and the epoxy takes hours. so your getting the shape and getting the strength also! ill let you know how it goes. done a rear flare so far..

ben

Offline Marishka

• Global Moderator
  • Apprentice Mechanic
  • AKA mty
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2011, 10:30:26 AM »
maybe you guys down vic could get a working bee going 1 weekend to help kirk out?????
give him his faith back,
his van dosent look like it needs much work.
if i were living down there id chip in.
 ive helped lots of beddy owners out over the years no charge.

marty

aka5000

« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2011, 12:37:19 PM »
Hey Kirk where abouts you from? I can give ya a crash course on mig welding/ rust repairs; can show ya my van (in bare metal currently in process of rust repairs). Quality of welding also comes down to the unit your using not just skill, dont buy a cheap gasless Chinese unit, I borrowed one off a mate, did one repair, it was rubbish. The gasless units weld hotter in order to melt the wire that goes with, no good for thin metal repairs, Its very worth spending that bit more and get something quality, and renting a bottle of argon from supagas for $15 a month

Alex
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 12:39:56 PM by aka5000 »

Offline JOE RYAN

• Full of bog
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2011, 04:08:20 PM »
Hey Ben what about your post on the 19th December, or was that just a statement.

Joe

Offline Rogue Trooper

• Apprentice Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2011, 07:16:47 PM »
Hey Ben what about your post on the 19th December, or was that just a statement.

Joe

I think you will find that was aimed at Pirate13 who actually started this thread asking for help and whose van issues are relatively minor although there is a few of them. Somehow this thread has morphed into being about Kirk's van.

Offline Marishka

• Global Moderator
  • Apprentice Mechanic
  • AKA mty
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2011, 08:48:01 PM »
sorry i thought ben was already onto pirate13,s van.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal